Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Seville to Malaga to Marbella

The end to my short Seville adventure started with a short walk around the Barrio Santa Cruz one last time. It really is a beautiful place, enchanting. After a little desayuno (breakie) I had an hour catching the early Seville sun and watching the locals hurry to work. How I miss that ha ha.

I then slowly strolled the 1.5kms to the train station in readiness for my 12:35 train to Malaga.

The train journey, as with the one a couple of days ago was painless. On time, clean trains and plenty of room. The 2 hours passed in a breeze and my first job on arrival in Malaga was to find out how I get to Marbella.

Again, all too easy. It turns out that the bus station is right at the side of the train station, so within 15 minutes I had secured a ticket and was sat on the 15:00 to Marbella, my first ever foray on the Costa de Sol.

Passing through such beautiful towns such as Torremolinos (!!) I was hoping Marbella offered more. And it did. In spades.



I got off the bus and decided to walk to my hostal in the old town. I was glad it was all dowhill and it was quite a trek in this heat. My hostal, Hostal del Pilar, is right in the old town, around the corner from the Plaza de Naranjos (Orange Square). A very picture postcard perfect spot for eating and drinking. And with the beers at €1.50 a pop, I wasn't complaining.



First impressions? A very nice town. Big wide beach. Lovely promenade for strolling, and laughing at the lucky lucky men as they play an amusing game of cat and mouse with the Policia, and enough bars to lose yourself for a week.



I ended the night in a beautiful restaurant, in a narrow alley in the Old Town, quaffing wine! Perfect. Tomorrow? I hit the glamour of Peurto Banus.

Beunos Noches amigos!